I had a few bananas that had started to look like a cheetah so I figured it was time to whip up a quick, but relatively healthy banana bread. And I promise, this one is super easy to come together, light on kitchen clean-up, and quite delicious as endorsed by my 5-year-old. It will come out a little more dense than your usual banana bread but the taste right out of the oven is just heaven. For those with nut allergies, you can definitely tweak to use a different gluten free flour – there are many choices these days.
Prep Time: 5 minutes. Bake time: 45-50. Clean-up: Approx. 5-7 minutes.
Butter, Coconut oil or baking spray (to grease loaf pan)
3 very ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
3 large eggs
2 tbsp honey (ish)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup nut flour blend
1 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
A big dash of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to bake at 350 degrees. Use butter, coconut oil or baking spray to coat a loaf pan. Sprinkle some coconut flour inside the greased pan and tap out the excess. I find this all helps the loaf come out of the pan with more ease.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed banana, eggs, honey, vanilla and cinnamon until smooth.
- Stir in the gluten free flours, baking soda and salt until combined. My batter was pretty thick.
- Smooth out the batter in the loaf pan.
- Bake banana bread until brown and a toothpick comes out clean – about 45 to 50 minutes in my oven. FYI – it doesn’t rise too much.
- Let cool a minute or two in the pan then flip onto a rack to cool a bit longer. I found it was ready to be sliced in just about 10-15 minutes for a nice, warm slice of bread to enjoy with some coffee or tea.
YUM! Let me know what you think!
0 comments on “Gluten Free Banana Bread”